Exterior Painting – Tips and Tricks for today
So you have the house, you have the paint and you think you might just possibly have a paint brush or two and maybe even an old roller buried somewhere in the back of your garage. So now you are all ready to tackle painting the house, right? Wrong! When it comes to exterior surface painting, just a little bit of care up front is all the difference between a great paint job and a botched paint job.
The first step for any painting project is to ensure you have the proper materials.
– Paint (the right paint for the painting job)
– Brushes and rollers (The right paint brushes and rollers for the job)
– Drop Clothes (Protect the surrounding areas that aren’t being painted)
– Ladder (The right ladder for the job – One that will keep you from overreaching)
– Surface preparation tools such as scrapers, cloths, caulking guns and sandpaper
Now to begin you can start prepping the exterior
– Remove any and ALL cracked or peeling paint
– Caulking any and ALL holes
– Smooth out any and ALL imperfections
– Tape around any and ALL areas that you don’t want any paint to touch
– Make sure any and ALL the surfaces that are going to be painted have been cleaned and dried
Now you’re ready to paint. The type of surface to be painted dictates which tool to use. Spray guns and rollers are great for large areas that do not require small precision strokes such as walls, concrete, stucco or other flat surfaces. Using a brush will take longer, but a paint brush
is the ideal painting tool for more detailed areas like window sills, trim and railings. Choose a dry, warm day and start in a shaded area. Work from the top of the house to the bottom, and leave the trim until last. And remember, details, care and patience will make your painting job look professional.
Painting your house may seem easy, get a ladder, a couple brushes, some paint, and go to work. But in all actuality it takes a great amount of care and detail with a professional, step by step, attitude to get the job done right the first time. Do you want your house to look like a professional painted it or an amateur? Do you want the details to look like someone cared or someone slopped the paint on? Taking those small steps, and taking the time necessary to do the job right, is what it takes.
Many times hiring a professional, like True Transformations Painting in Greeley, provides you with the perfect painting job for your most valued possession and is exactly what a home buyer needs. What is YOUR time worth? If it takes you three times as long to get a so so job, is it worth doing it yourself? If hiring a professional painter gets the job done, looks professional and gives you time to spend with family, friends and other things that you value, is what you really want
then call True Transformations Painting, Greeley’s Premier Painting Company, today (970) 301-8927.
True Transformations Painting – Greeleys Premier Painting Company
Call Today for a FREE consultation 970-301-8927
* True Transformations Painting, Jerry King and the author of any of our articles, posts and pages do not present any information on this website as professional painting or handyman advice or any other advice in particular. All postings, writings, and pages on this website are for informational use only and everyone is encouraged to always seek professional and advise in all painting and handyman matters.
** True Transformations Panting services the entire Northern Colorado Front Range area including Greeley, Windsor, Fort Collins, Loveland, Platteville, Gilcrest, Eaton, Ault, Kersey, Johnstown, Milliken and all surrounding areas.